Congratulations, you’ve made the decision to sell your home and now it’s time to get ready for showings. Buyers need to be able to envision themselves and their family in your property. The best way to quickly accomplish this is with a few quick tips to ensure your home is camera-ready and inviting to potential buyers. Try these quick and easy tips to get your home ready to sell.
Yes, people do judge a book by its cover!
- Pressure wash the exterior of your home including driveways and walkways.
- If needed, apply a fresh coat of paint.
- Make those exterior windows sparkle!
- Trim back shrubbery and clean gutters.
- Freshen landscape with new mulch and add some flowers or potted plants near the front door.
- Replace worn door mats.
Interior of the home
Make it show like a model home…clean & clutter free!
- Eliminate excess furniture.
- If you have too much furniture consider removing some to the garage or temporary storage unit. Home buyers need to be able to see the walls because this help rooms appear larger.
- Clean out those closets!
- Yes, buyers are going to open your cabinets and closets to see how much storage your home offers…make it appear tidy and organized.
- Keep family photos and mementos to a minimum.
- When buyers walk through your home they need to be able to envision themselves and their family living in the home. This can be difficult to do with a lot of images of other people staring at them from room to room.
- Secure medications, jewelry, personal papers, and bank books.
- While your real estate agent will be assisting buyers through your home it’s not possible to watch people all the time. Keep important and personal items securely stored in a safe, safe deposit box at a bank, or even in your locked are trunk when showings are taking place.
- Your home needs to be clean, dust free, and tidy at all times during the home showing process.
With these easy to follow actionable tips buyers are sure to fall in love with your home and make an offer!
Are you thinking about or ready to sell your home? Give me a call at 904-885-1167 or fill out the short form for a free no obligation home price evaluation and neighborhood market activity. I am happy to answer any of your questions and help you get top dollar for your home!
Helping home buyers and sellers with their real estate needs. Main Coverage areas: St. Johns & Duval Counties, Florida — Nocatee, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, Jacksonville Beach, St. Johns, & Bartram areas.